April 2020 Update
COURSE UPDATE by R.J. Catarino, Head of Golf Operations on April 15, 2020.
Walkers, Dog Walkers and Bike Riders are NOT ALLOWED on the golf course between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm. There have been several emails sent out about this policy and still there are people walking on the course during these hours every day. There have been over 100 complaints the past 3 weeks from paying golfers about having to wait on walkers or almost hitting people with golf balls that are walking. There have been 3 people who have been hit with a golf ball in the last 3 weeks alone. It is the walker’s responsibility to stay off the golf course during hours of play.
The WildeWood neighborhood has several miles of streets running through it that are available for walkers, dog walkers, and bike riders to use from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. We understand that it is a difficult time and everyone wants to get out of the house as much as possible, BUT WE ARE PLEADING WITH YOU TO ABIDE BY THIS RULE FOR YOUR SAFETY AND FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF THE GOLFERS ON THE COURSE. Anyone that is on the golf course during these hours will be asked to leave immediately.
Please make sure to share this policy with all members of your household. Parents, please make sure to share this information with your children. We thank you in advance for your cooperation in helping us keep everyone safe!
TO ALL GOLFERS: Carts are not allowed to the left side of Hole #11 green. Please return your cart to the path on the right side of Hole #11 when approaching the green. DO NOT ride your cart through the Turkey Pointe Neighborhood to get to Hole #12. Thank you. Proper golf attire must be worn while ON PREMISES. That includes golf course, clubhouse, pro shop, and practice areas. Jeans, gym shorts, sweatpants, and t-shirts are not allowed at any time.
TO ALL HOA/SOCIAL MEMBERS: You are not allowed to use the practice facilities (range, putting greens, chipping green) unless you are paying to play a round of golf that day. You have 6 times per year to play the WildeWood golf course at the Guest Rate.
UPDATES/NEWS/REMINDERS: Please be safe and take the proper precautions to stay healthy during this National State of Emergency. We will keep the members updated about all cancellations or changes in procedures. Here are the steps we have taken to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Flagsticks on the putting/chipping greens have been removed
- All carts will be cleaned and sanitized daily and staged 6 feet apart
- Cups have been reversed so that the ball only goes 1 inch into the hole
- All green towels are washed daily
- Rakes and water coolers have been removed from the golf course
- All food purchased from the WildeWood Grill must be taken To-Go
- Complimentary coffee will not be available in the Pro Shop
- All member tournaments/events and outside outings until the end of April have been postponed
We ask the members to follow these guidelines while on the premises:
- Please do not move the trays while hitting balls on the driving range
- Please do not touch the flagsticks while playing
- Please take your own cart (unless playing with someone from your household)
- Please do not gather in groups larger than 10 in any area while on the premises
- Please maintain 6 feet of space between carts at all times
- Please do not move tables or chairs from the Grill to any outside area
Golf Hours of Operation will be changing on Mondays for April and May 2020:
- Pro Shop: 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Tee Times: 11:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Range: 10:30 am to 30 minutes before sunset (allows the golf staff to pick the range, chipping greens, and putting greens)
- *These times may be affected by the weather*
Golf Hours of Operation will be changing on Tuesday to Sunday for April and May 2020):
- Pro Shop: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Tee Times: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Range: 7:30 am to 30 minutes before sunset
- *These times may be affected by the weather*
The DAILY PLAY times are as follows for the months of April and May. You can still sign up online or by calling the golf shop. Tee times for the DAILY PLAY at the times listed below and will be in 12-minute intervals:
- Tuesdays: Seniors Play Day – 9:00 am/ Ladies Play Day – 10:00 am
- Wednesdays: Wednesday Morning Group – 9:00 am
- Thursdays: Seniors Play Day – 9:00 am/ Ladies Play Day – 10:00 am
- Fridays: Friday Morning Group – 9:00 am
- Saturdays: Catfight – 8:40 am/ Dogfight – 9:00 am
- Sundays: Blitz – 9:00 am
The golf shop politely asks all players to help us protect the golf course. Please remember to do the following when playing:
- Fix ball marks on the greens
- Golfers using handicap flags must return to the cart path when approaching the green
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to maintain the golf course!
The WildeWood golf/maintenance staff politely asks that all members inform our Superintendent Grayson Clark BEFORE allowing outside contractors to drive on the golf course in order to do work in their yards. This will help us to protect the golf course by ensuring these workers are only going to areas that will not damage the course/valves/sprinklers/gas lines. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The golf shop has new Callaway woods, irons, and wedges in stock. We also have demos of these clubs available for use. See the golf shop staff if you would like to try out any equipment. We also have re-gripping services available with several different grip options to choose from and a 24-hour turnaround in most cases. The golf shop also has new Greg Norman Men’s and Ladies Apparel in stock! Come in to check the new gear!
Head of Golf Operations